Fergul (Fergie) Kuzucuoglu
An extensively experienced Retail Supply Chain Management and Procurement Leader with a history of driving sourcing activities for international brand names. Highly adept at managing multi-million-dollar supplier and customer relationship strategies and achieving significant cost rationalization and revenue growth. Sophisticated communication skills support effective multi-functional stakeholder collaboration while leading marketing efforts and the creation of value-added supply strategies. Highly focused on bridging the gap between global manufacturers and clients ensuring collaborative success and growth.
VALUE ADDED SKILL SETS
Product Sourcing | Supply Chain Management | Contract Negotiation | Budget Management | Strategic Planning | Cross Cultural Team Leadership | Project Management | Sales Strategy Design | Marketing
July 2016 – Present
- Hoboken, NJ | President
- Acting as agent and consultant for US and overseas companies; guiding clients through expansion and international trade efforts with a particular attention to branding and Supply Chain creation and optimization. Key achievements to date include:
- Representing the interests and activities of the Turkish Exporters’ Association, Turkish Trade Center and Bursa Chamber of Commerce.
- Supporting US and European based retailers successfully in driving revenue growth through streamlining upstream supply chain activities.
- Sustaining collaborative relationship building between China and South Asia based manufacturers and global clients.
March 2015 – Present
VICTORIA CLASSICS (VCNY)
- North Bergen, NJ
- A home textile industry leader headquartered in the US with sales and management offices throughout China and India. Primary accountabilities supporting comprehensive business development include:
- Business Development Consultant for Turkey | April 2017 - Present
- Exploration of Turkish based textile industry.
Conducting market planning activities around expanding product line and offerings.
Development of strategic partnerships with Turkish manufactures and suppliers.
- eCommerce Category Director | March 2015 – March 2017
Developing and executing strategic development of merchandising categories including leading buying and sourcing activities for new lines including throws/blanket, utility bedding and area rugs.
- Launching of new home textile product categories during October 2015 NY Market week successfully achieving sales of $ 4 million within 18 months.
- Coordinating enhanced supplier, pricing and merchandising strategies, optimizing the China, India and Turkey supply chains.
- Supporting Internet sales team to drive annual merchandising plans for new lines.
Developing and executing print and online marketing initiatives with marketing team.
February 2011 – Present
JYSK LAGERINN HOME PURCHASE www.jysk.com
- Shanghai, China / Hoboken, NJ
- The global sourcing division of international Danish chain of sleeping and living product stores where I contribute to ongoing sourcing activities, strategic buying initiatives and growth plans.
- Sales Manager | Hoboken, NJ | March 2015 - Present
Guide upstream supply chain activities supporting over 2500 global stores, conducing onsite liaison throughout Europe and China. (agent role for some factories of sleeping& living)
- Category Manager | Shanghai, China | February 2011 – February 2015
Developed and executed strategic buying and sourcing plans for bathroom, bedroom and household textiles categories with a $180 Million retail sales value.
Saved 15% acquisition cost savings out of $ 20 million high profile purchased products from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and China.
- Decreased purchasing costs by 17% of $ 2.5 million high profile textile products leading to a 40% sales increase across retail outlets.
- Rationalized supplier base from 152 to 56 over 1.5 years period which resulted in better price negotiations, better delivery performance and also less staff.
- Improved on time delivery and decreased inventories in stores from 36 weeks to 20 weeks through optimizing supply agreements.
- Range Leader | Shanghai, China | February 2011 – February 2015
Reported to the CEO, liaised with senior management to create and promote new profitable product categories overseeing a $72 Million sourcing budget.
- Developed category merchandising strategies and business plans for the whole group.
Spearheaded a marketing strategy to include print of bi-weekly catalogs, photo shoots and brochures.
December 2004 – December 2010
- Turkey, Hong Kong and China | Senior Merchandiser
- Managed over 40 team merchandising, planning, quality and logistics professionals and a budget $65 million leading women, men, kids, home furnishings and soft lines sourcing across Turkey, China, Europe and North Africa.
- Reduced supply costs by 15% of the cost by buying high end fabrics from Italy, shipping them to China/Vietnam for cutting and manufacturing.
- Relocated $18 Million business activities from a low cost countries Turkey / Morocco / Romania to a lower cost countries including, India and China, over a 12 month period.
- Developed supply chain improvements resulting in 8% margin increase of $66 Million over 3 years.
- Increased sales within two years from $7.5 Million to $28 Million by across the Women and Men woven apparel lines.
Selected Prior and Complementary Experience
Saint Peter’s University | New Jersey, NJ |
- International Management Lecturer | 2017
H&M AB Turkey Liaison Office | Izmir, Turkey | Merchandiser Assistant | 2003 – 2004
Sanko Group Turkey | Gaziantep, Turkey | Chief of Sales | 1999 - 2003